Vegan Apple Pie
Vegan Apple Pie
This apple pie is classic, simple, and delicious! It is everything you want an apple pie to be, and more... because its vegan! I am so excited and feel so blessed to join Pure Anthem and work with my sisters! Everything is better when you're together!
2 1/4 cups of organic, unbleached, all purpose flour
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1 tsp of salt
I tbs of cane sugar
1/3 -1/2 cup of ice water
Preheat oven to 350°f
1. Place flour, salt, and sugar in food processor with dough s blade. Pulse to combine.
2. Add coconut oil and pulse until it looks like the gulf coasts white sandy beaches! It should also stick together when you squeeze it.
3. Slowly add water until it really comes together and looks like dough. (You may have to stop the food processor and scrap the side every once in a while to help it out.)
4. Divide your dough into two. (one for the bottom, one for the top.) Then roll it out!
5. Poke bottom pie crust with fork then Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F.
6. After the 10 minutes, put the filling in and put the top pie crust on. brush with almond milk, Make pretty cuts and sprinkle with sugar.
-Tips for step 4-
Slightly wet your counter top with Just a little bit of water. (This is so the plastic rap sticks.) Put plastic rap over the wet area. (Make sure it is big enough for the dough.) Put half of your dough on the plastic rap, dust it with a little bit of flour, then cover the top with plastic rap. Roll out your dough. Transfer the dough by picking up the bottom plastic rap and flipping it over onto your pie pan.
6-9 Organic apples (I used granny smith and fuji)
1/2 cup of organic cane sugar
1 lemon juiced
1 tbs of vanilla Extract
2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of potato starch
1/8 tsp of ground cloves
1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp of ginger
1. Peel, core, and cut the apples.
2. mix all the ingredients together!
3. Put your filling in the pie pan.
4. top it with the other half of the pie crust.
5. Brush with almond milk, and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top at 350°F.
7. Serve with vegan vanilla ice cream and a whole lot of love!
"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing."