There was a time when I thought the days of yummy noodle salads were long gone. I had come to terms with this but when we discovered vegenaise this past summer our menu grew a bit in taste and excitement!
Liebe means "Dear" in German! We like to call our Tante: (aunt), Liebe Tante: (dear aunt)! This is where it all began! Our Liebe Tante and Liebe Mutti (dear mom) would make this noodle salad (a little less vegan version) together when they lived in Germany. When we made it together Liebe Mutti told us, "This is just like Germany!"
Not only is this recipe VEGAN but also GLUTEN-FREE. The noodles are the best gluten-free noodles we have had! They are made from brown rice---and don't come out mushy (follow cooking directions carefully)!
-1 Bag of Tinkyada Pasta Joy Brown Rice Fusilli Noodles
-2 cups of Grapeseed Oil Vegenaise
-1/2 cup of water
-2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
-1/2 cup of carrot (finely chopped)
-1/2 cup of celery (finely chopped)
-1/2 cup of broccoli (finely chopped)
-1 medium cucumber (finely chopped)
-1 medium tomato (finely chopped)
-1/2 tsp of garlic powder
-1/4 tsp of pink Himalayan sea salt (add to taste)
-1/2 tsp of black pepper (add to taste)
-A pinch of cayenne powder (add to taste)
1. Mix your vegenaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a big mixing bowl.
2. Bring pot of water to a boil.
3. While waiting for the boil, begin chopping your veggies! Chop them all small and feel free to add extra! The more the better :)
3. Cook noodles in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Then turn the burner off, put the lid on the pot, and take it off the burner. Let it sit for 12 minutes.
4. Drain the noodles and rinse in warm water.
5. Add the noodles to the sauce mixture.
6. Add veggies to noodles and sauce.
7. Stir the mixture. For a thinner sauce add 1/4-1/2 cup of water and stir.
8. We find it tastes best if you let it all marinate together for a few hours or even over night, that is if you can wait that long!
To make it "Just like Germany!" make toast from your favorite bread, and top it with the salad! Das ist gut! ;) We use Ezekiel Bread - The Cinnamon Raisin or the Low Sodium!