Oh. my. NAAN! I love bread. Being gluten free made me think I'd never have naan again until one day I was determined enough to make it myself! I found the Paleo Naan and tried the real recipe first but have added just a tad of my own twist for the perfect taste! You won't believe your taste buds and you'll eat this naan and never look back to the old naan you used to know ;)
1/2 cup of Red Mill's Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup of Tapioca Flour/Starch
1 cup of Original Thai Kitchen coconut milk
1 tbs of garlic powder
1 tsp of salt
1. Start by mixing all of your ingredients in a big mixing bowl! (Tip: you will need to mix the coconut milk in the can before taking the cup out to put into the recipe)
2. Warm up your non stick pan! Put it on a medium temperature and adjust while cooking if needed. If you have a good non stick pan there is no need for oil.
3. The cooking process is very similar to pancakes. You pour the batter onto the pan, spread it a bit with the ladle to make it nice and thin. Let the batter cook on one side until it is very dry on the side facing up. Use your spatula to check the side facing down. Once it is crispy and golden brown to your liking flip! Let the other side cook to the same golden brown.
4. Here is my accidental discovery that completely changes the naan into something wonderful! Store your naan in the microwave wrapped in a clean dish towel while cooking the rest of the naan. The heat and moisture changes the naan from crispy and cracker like to a soft stretchy magnificence!
5. Enjoy with your favorite hummus or our Thai Curry! (coming soon!)