Curry is a family favorite here! Unfortunately a lot of curry is made with CHICKEN BROTH, MSG, and HEAVY CREAM! So, knowing that a simple switch of chicken broth to veggie broth and a few tweaks here and there we could make curry delicious and healthy!
Curry is a staple dish in not only Thailand but Indonesia, Malaysia, Chinese, the Philippines, and of course India! Each country having their own superb way of preparing it. There are three different colors of curry: green, yellow, and red! All of them are wonderful and each have their own health benefits but yellow curry has TURMERIC! Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory (reduces inflammation) which means it is BEAUTY BOOSTING!
3 cups of Veggie Broth
2 cans of Coconut Milk
2/3 cup of Broccoli (chopped)
2/3 cup of Cauliflower (chopped)
2/3 cup of Chick peas
2/3 cup of Carrots (chopped)
3 Potatoes (cubed)
4 tsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tbsp Tapioca Starch
1/2 Chopped Onion
4 tbsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos
3 tbsp of Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
1. The best way to start is with food prep! Make sure your veggie are all cleaned and chopped.
2. Bring the veggie broth to a boil in a large pot.
3. Once the broth comes to a boil add your onions and your "tough" veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, chick peas, and carrots. Wait to add your potatoes so they don't get to soft!
4. Let the veggies boil for about 5 minutes in the broth, add your potatoes, and let the spices fill the air! ...and your pot! Add your coconut milk, curry powder, salt, cumin, turmeric, liquid aminos, lemon juice, and red curry paste. Bring the temperature down to low or medium so it may continue to simmer but not boil.
5. Take a small bowl and about a cup of your hot broth and mix in the tapioca starch. If you add the tapioca starch directly to your pot it will most likely not mix well and stay gooey in your soup...not a pleasant surprise while you're enjoying your curry! After the tapioca starch is well mixed add it to the pot.
6. Stir your pot and let sit on low for about 5 minutes and then it will be ready to serve! We love our curry with a big fresh salad, brown rice, and of course our NO NONSENSE NAAN!