Vegan - Serves 2
Hey y'all! Shannon here, and we are so excited to have the chance to share a new recipe with you! Here is a quote from Brittney Kristijanto herself whilst she makes a big 'ole batch of this very soup!!
"We want to apologize for not having any posts recently!! Our husbands have been keeping us very busy with 'Every Christian Festival in the Country!' (said in her Sarah Palin voice). While we are breathing the fresh crisp air of fall we finally had the chance to try some new recipes inspired by this heavenly fall weather!" -Brittney Kristijanto
Soup is always a good choice, and tomato soup has always been a favorite of mine! This recipe is inspired by a Kimberly Snyder recipe that just "tickled our toes!" as my sweet southern sister would say!
So, without further ado:
2 Cups plus 1/4 Cup of Veggie Broth
1.5 Cups of Diced White Onions
1 Medium Clove of Garlic (peeled and chopped)
1 Medium Carrot (peeled and chopped)
1 Medium Celery Stalk (chopped)
3 Cups of Quartered Tomatoes
1/4 Cup of Tomato Paste
1/3 Cup of Fresh Basil (chopped)
1 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano
1.5 Teaspoon Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
1.5 Cups of Unsweetened Coconut Milk
2 Bay Leaves
Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Sautee the onions in a large soup pot with the 1/4 cup of veggie broth on medium heat. When the onions become translucent add the garlic.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, 2 cups of veggie broth, and tomato paste and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer-covered for 15 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Remove the pot from heat and let it cool. Add basil, apple cider vinegar and then blend.
- Put the soup back into the pot, add the coconut milk and bay leaves and simmer to serve!
We hope you enjoy this delicious soup on a crisp fall or icy winter day like we did!