Ever since I was a little girl I remember eating "potato salad" and while growing up in the heart of small town America in North Florida the potato salad was loaded with salt, mayo, and (the one healthy ingredient) Mema's sweet pickles! As a little girl I remember eating this traditional southern dish at wedding parties, church fellowships, and cookouts; but my Mama's Potato Salad recipe surpassed them all! I hope you enjoy the southern love flowing from this VEGAN version of Mama's recipe. She loves the healthful tweak we made and we know you will, as well!
- 3 lb bag ORGANIC red potatoes
- 1 cup VEGAN MAYO
- 2 TBS GREY POUPON DIJON Mustard
- 2 TBS GREY POUPON STONE GROUND Mustard
- 2 TSP BLACK PEPPER
- 1 TSP SEA SALT
- 2 TSP PAPRIKA (You can mix this in or save it for garnish!)
- 1 cup SWEET PICKLES
- Clean your potatoes! (If they are NOT ORGANIC then please peel the skin off.)
- Slice your potatoes in bite size chunks. Then boil them until soft. (Some people like their potatoes to have more of a crunch and others like their potatoes mushy. Depending on your taste, boil accordingly.)
- Once your potatoes are ready, drain the water from the potatoes and then once drained place the potatoes back in the same pot.
- When potatoes are back in the bowl, now you can start adding all of the ingredients and stir! Depending how creamy or chunky your want your potato salad will determine how much you stir!
- Now let me tell you this, with this POTATO SALAD it really is about how you like. It would be very difficult for anyone to mess this up. So if you are a MAYO person, then add extra MAYO. If you are a MUSTARD person, add more MUSTARD! And so on and so on! Just play and taste and see when you come up with! That is what my mama did!