Eggplant & Zucchini Lasagna (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Eggplant and Zucchini Lasagna (Vegan & GF)
1 medium sized Eggplant
3 medium Zucchini or Yellow Squash
1 jar of Marinara Sauce
8 oz of raw Cashews (1/2 cup separated for Parmesan)
4 TBS of Nutritional Yeast
1 TSP of Garlic powder
1 TSP of Onion powder
2 TBS of Lemon Juice
1/2 cup of Non-Dariy Milk
Salt & Pepper to taste
Fresh Basil and Parsley
1. Soak the cashew in water for 4-5 hours. (Remember to reserve 1/2 cup to make vegan parmesan)
2. After the cashew are soaked, drain the water and place the cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice, coconut milk, salt & pepper into a blender or food processor.
2. Slice the eggplant and zucchini in very thin layers with a mandolin or a sharp knife.
3. Prepare everything for assembling.
1. Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. (This is the ideal size... but work with what you got;)
2. Add a thin layer of Marinara sauce to the bottom.
3. Eggplant. Lay one layer of the sliced eggplant down. (Do it the same as you would lasagna noodles.)
4. Cheese. Spread 1/3 of the cheese sauce on top of the eggplant layer.
5. Zucchini. Lay one layer of the sliced zucchini down.
6. Marinara Sauce. Spread 1/2 of your tomato sauce on top of the Zucchini.
7. Eggplant. (You can take it from here!)
8. Cheese layer
9. Zucchini layer
10. Cheese layer
11. Marinara Sauce layer
12. Vegan Parmesan layer