Oh My Brownies!
Oh My Brownies!
When we first tried black bean brownies in catering at a show this past June..Let me just tell you... I will never forget the look on Shannon's face when she busted through the doors of catering with leftover chocolate on her lips and she ran up to me saying...."TRY THIS"!
Our vegan dessert eating lives have not been the same since!
All we can say is..."Oh my brownies"! Try for yourself and enjoy the bliss!:)
1 can Black Beans, 15 oz - low sodium
2 tablespoons Almond Milk, unsweetened
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 cup Organic Palm Sugar
1/4 cup Organic Dark Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup Raw Organic Cacao Powder, unsweetened
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon Flax Seed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Greese a 8 X 8 baking pan!
2. Place flax seed and almond milk into food processor. Process for about 1 minute until it thickens up. Add in black beans, avocado, vanilla, and brown sugar. Process until smooth! Add in cacao powder, baking soda, baking powder, and process until smooth again!
3. Add batter into prepared pan and spread the batter evenly!
4. On low heat on the stove, add the coconut oil until it's hot and then add 1/4 cup chocolate chips and stir until melted. Once melted pour over batter. Use a knife to swirl chocolate into the batter. Dash 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top and put it in the oven!
5. Bake for 22-30 minutes or until you poke it and it comes out relatively clean. We don't want these too dry or raw! The top batter should be set and no longer dance around!
Let them cool completely and enjoy these..."Oh my brownies"!