Yield: ONE 10-INCH PIZZA
This is a recipe that we are OH SO EXCITED to share with each of you! This is a Kimberly Snyder (THE BEAUTY DETOX) inspired recipe! Shan and I with our husbands have been learning a lot from Kim about food combining and eating light to heavy. She has many WONDERFUL and WELL THOUGHT OUT recipes! There are some slight changes we have made for convenience!
We are enjoying following THE BEAUTY DETOX diet and asking Jesus to beautify and detoxify our Spirits, as well as our physical bodies. If you would like more information about Kimberly Snyder and her recipes you can visit www.kimberlysnyder.net.
This pizza is officially THE BEST VEGGIE Pizza we have had...EVER! The ingredients for the crust may be a bit of a challenge for some people to find but we encourage you to WAIT to try the recipe UNTIL you have all of the ingredients! Believe us, it will be worth the wait, a bit extra money, and worth the patience!!!
Coconut oil, for oiling pan
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
1 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
2 Tbs. arrowroot starch
2 Tbs. tapioca starch
3/4 cup cold water
2 tsp. Ener-G egg replacer, mixed with 4 Tbs. very hot water
1 can Organic Pizza Sauce
1 cup spinach, chopped finely (ORGANIC IS LOVELY)
1/2 cup chopped broccoli, chopped finely (ORGANIC IS LOVELY)
1 tomato, slice in circles (ORGANIC IS LOVELY)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and grease a baking sheet with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, stevia, oregano, arrowroot and tapioca starch together into the work bowl of a standing mixer.
3. With the mixer running on low speed, pour the cold water into the bowl slowly. Add the egg replacer/water mixture, and mix well on medium speed.
4. WET HANDS with water, form the dough into a ball and place on the center of the greased baking sheet. Wet hands are an ABSOLUTE must to prevent sticking! Wet your hands well again and, pushing down firmly on the dough, press out a 10-inch round pizza shape, working from the center out.
5. Bake for 9 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees, top with desired sauce and toppings, and bake for another 30-35 minutes (depending on your oven), or until the edges are crispy and the bread is well done.
6. Be very careful moving the pizza onto a cutting board. It will be somewhat fragile, so be sure to wedge a spatula underneath it to separate it completely from the baking sheet. Use two large, flat spatulas to move the bread onto the cutting board.
7. We love to add Hummus to the top of our pizza! It adds a creamy cheesy taste and texture that we think you will love too!