Chocolate Cake (Vegan)
It's Chocolate. It's Cake. And by the way, it's vegan.
I have been making and testing this vegan chocolate cake for about 2 years. Which I must say, testing chocolate cake isn't so bad. This Chocolate Cake is so moist, full of chocolate, and is topped with a vegan icing that coincides with the cake perfectly and takes it to a whole new level. This cake is made with healthy, natural and organic sugars that enhances your body.
I grew up watching my Mema making cakes and giving cakes constantly. She always found time and she did it with a joyful, pure, serving heart. We all need to be more like our Mema's! Make this cake! And serve it to the people you love!
Prep Time: 15-20 min Cook Time: 25-30 min Serves: 10-12 People
2 Cups of Unsweetened Coconut Milk
2 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Cup of Apple Sauce
2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
2/3 cup of melted coconut oil
1 cup of coconut sugar
2 Cups of Unbleached Organic White flour
1 cup of cocoa powder
2 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder
¼ tsp of salt
4-5 cans of coconut milk that has been refrigerated
½ cup of melted chocolate
¼ cup of honey
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil 2, 8-inch round cake pans and dust with cocoa powder… shake off excess.
2. Add Coconut milk, vinegar and vanilla to a bowl and whisk until it foams on top and airy.
3. Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. (2 or 3 times)
4. Add applesauce to the wet mixture and mix.
5. In groups, add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix
6. Now add coconut oil. Mix very well!
8. Divide batter evenly between 2 cake pans.
9. Bake 25-30 min. Do the toothpick test to make sure it is done!
10. Let it cool.
1. Use only the coconut creme from the can of coconut milk and whisk until smooth with a whisk attachment in a mixer (I use Kitchen Aid). The coconut cream needs to be solid and separated from the other liquid in the can. (I use thai kitchen coconut milk)
2. Add together the melted dark chocolate and honey until it thickens up. It becomes a thick paste.
3. Add the chocolate and honey to the mixer and whisk. Don’t whisk too much. (If Mixture is not thick enough… add more honey and chocolate.
Decorate pretty with berries and left over melted chocolate!
You can also make cupcakes! Makes 20 - 25 cup cakes! 350°F for around 20 minutes!
"I praise the Lord because he advises me. Even at night, I feel his leading."