Hello to all!
It's been a minute, but we are comin' back with a BANG! Tomatillo Salsa is one of our favorite dips to make and we recently found ourselves making it a lot, so we thought we would share the salsa love! We have been on tour for the past month, and for whatever reason, the Lord blessed us and showed us his love by meeting 3 Australians. One night on the bus, Britt started blendin' up this recipe, and it was a hit! From the outback to the States, everyone loves Tomatillo Salsa! The flavor is intense and satisfying, with a touch of spice. Enjoy!
Heap and heaps and heaps of love,
10 cloves of garlic
2 yellow onions
2 green bell pepper
2 tsp of Salt (start with that, add more to taste)
1 tsp of Pepper
Dash of cayenne pepper (Optional)
Juice of 2 lime
1) Clean all veggies then roughly chop the tomatillos, onions, jalapeños, bell pepper, garlic and cilantro.
2) Cover with water and boil for 15 minutes.
3) After the vegetables are soft drain the water and put them in a blender or food processor.
4) To the blender or food processor, add the avocados, lime juice, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. BLEND!
5) Taste! Add more of the ingredients you love. Make more spicy, or more sour. Once it is nice and smooth and to your liking, pour the salsa in a bowl, open your chips, and start the party!
"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm."