The Vegan Chandler's Burger
The Vegan Chandler's Burger
Fun Fact---My family used to own a hamburger restaurant called “Chandler’s Hamburgers.” My grandparents opened it in 1961, and it later expanded into 14 franchises across the state of Florida. So I guess you could say that it was absolutely necessary for me to create the best, and most flavorful veggie burger ever… It is in my blood! So… with influence of the "Chandler's Hamburgers" famous “Giant Burger”, I made a "Vegan Chandler's Burger." This burger is extremely healthy and it truly has the greatest flavor and texture of any veggie burger I have ever had. Make it for your family and friends... non-vegans and vegans. They will all love it!
2 cups of Almonds
2 tsp of cumin
2 tsp of smoked paprika
2 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp of ground coriander
3 tbs of liquid amino
2 cups of brown rice
2 cans of beans, one black one pinto.
1/4 cup of dehydrated onions
1 tbs of coconut sugar (Optional)
3 tbs of flax seed
3-4 tbs of ketchup
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/4 cup of vegan Mayo
1 tsp of yellow mustard
*Recipe makes 8 burgers*
1) Blend the almonds, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, and coriander in a VitaMix or food processor until it is like flour. Put mixture into a bowl and add the liquid amino. Mix together. It should come together almost like a dough.
2) Place this mixture in the fridge uncovered to marinate. Leave in fridge for as long as you can. This allows all the flavor to soak into the flour and it becomes dry, which is a binder that holds the burgers together. So this is important! (I usually marinate mine overnight, but if you are running short on time, an hour should be fine.)
3)Put the dehydrated onions in a bowl and cover them with water. Leave in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes to rehydrate. The onions will expand to about 1 cup. Just to be clear, use all of the rehydrated onions. (Drain very well before adding into the veggie burger mixture!)
4) Drain beans and rinse thoroughly. Place beans in vitamix or food processor and make into a bean paste. It is okay if a few whole beans are left in there.
5) Now that everything is prepared and marinated. Add all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix! (Marinated mixture, bean paste, rice, onions, coconut sugar, flax seed and ketchup.)
6) Patty out the burgers and place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper!
7) Bake in the oven for 30 min, at 350°F
8) This is important! After the 30 minutes, cut the oven off and leave the burgers in the oven for about 15-20 more minutes. This creates the perfect texture!
9) Mix the Sauce! (You might be thinking... "can't i just put mayo and mustered on there separately.")I don't know why, but when you mix the mayo and mustard together it taste different! My dad says that people used to ask him what sauce was on the Giant burger, he would tell them, and they wouldn't believe him. So try it!
10) You can take it from here! Enjoy!
"We're free of it! All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him."
2 Corinthians 3:17